Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Advertising and Underground Culture

I was watching a documentary on one of my favorite authors Akhtaruzamman Eliyas. Alongside interviewing the author, the documentary showed the street life of Dhaka. One of them was a street-side seller of C-grade literature. Along with selling juicy literature for sex-starved people, he was also selling books on women marrying women. Seeing that I realized that same-sex marriage is not a new thing. It has been presented in the culture of the marginal class. 

Today, we campaign for same-sex marriage. But our governments fail to recognize that it has been in our literature for ages. Time has come to acknowledge the underground culture and make it mainstream.

Advertising in India should embrace the underground culture and accept what is being under-represented for a long time.

1 comment:

No Matter What

I'm blogging after a year. The last two years were tough. What I started in 2020 September failed to continue in 2021. But this year, I&...