Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Spy - Netflix Originals

Yesterday, after a long time, I binge-watched Netflix's Original series - The Spy. Based on the life story of Israeli spy Eli Cohen, this series is a precursor to what is happening in the Arab world.  I like to clear it first that this is not a review of The Spy. I'm rather amused with the life that Mr. Cohen lived. I still can't fathom how seamlessly he fooled Syria's top-level officials and military personnel.

 There should not be a doubt about his grasp of linguistic. He spoke so many languages with such ease is still enviable. He was a master actor. He knew how rich live their lives. He maintained that suave for years. I later found out that his work helped Israel to win the six-day war in 1967. 

Because of his PR skills, the PM of Syria asked him to become the Defense Minister of Syria. Just imagine how good he was. He loved his country no matter what although he didn't want to return for Syria. 

Of course, the series dramatized few events, but people will remember him as one of the greatest spies in history. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Matter What

I'm blogging after a year. The last two years were tough. What I started in 2020 September failed to continue in 2021. But this year, I&...