Monday, May 24, 2021

Surrounded By Drugs

A few years ago one of my friends was diagnosed with psychosis. The reason the psychiatrist opined was cannabis abuse. The psychiatrist prescribed him various medicines which my friend has taken for 3 straight years. He was also advised to not smoking any marijuana. He released himself from smoking and drinking. He has become a teetotaler.

3 years have gone by but he is still under the influence of medicines as prescribed by the psychiatrist. Meanwhile, he suffered from relapse twice in these 3 years. This means that he lost ‘normalcy’ twice irrespective of taking medicines. Recently, he has changed his psychiatrist with the hope of no more relapses in the future.

Let me clear on one thing that this piece is not a rant against doctors or modern medicine. My friend is fed up with surrounded by drugs every day. The psychiatrist, whom my friend is consulting currently, said that my friend is suffering from OCD, not psychosis.

This has made my friend completely puzzled. Currently, he has no other option than to trust the current psychiatrist. The only reason behind this is that he doesn’t want to go back to where he was 3 years back. The previous psychiatrist did make him well in two relapses happened also.


                                                         (Source: Flickr)


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Matter What

I'm blogging after a year. The last two years were tough. What I started in 2020 September failed to continue in 2021. But this year, I&...